10 Amazing Facts About Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas wedding are just around the corner in a few days and all the fans are very excited about the wedding preparations which are going on the grand palace wedding venue Umaid Bhawan Palace. Pre-wedding ceremonies will start in November end with Haldi ceremony followed by Sangeet, Mehndi, and Big wedding day on 2nd December 2018.
According to the recent report a helipad being constructed in Umaid Bhawan Palace to take wedding guests in a chopper to the wedding venue, what a grand preparation is going on for the big royal wedding of Priyanka Chopra!! What are the other interesting facts about Umaid Bhawan Palace? Let’s explore 10 amazing facts about Umaid Bhawan Palace through this blog.
Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur
View this post on Instagram
Experience the rich #heritage and culture of #Rajasthan in Royal style at the #Umaid_Bhawan #Palace . .More destination infos @dreamzweddingplanner1 #dreamz💞 #dreamz #dream_wedding💓 #dreamz😘 #dreamzweddingplanner #luxury #palace #worldsbesthotel 2016 #tajhotels #weddings #jodhpurwedding #priyankachopra
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace which leaves you spellbound is the last built palace in India before Independence.
2. Umaid Bhawan Palace is a Royal residence of Rathore dynasty of Jodhpur, Maharaja Gaj Singh grandson of Maharaja Umaid Singh. It is the most opulent residences in the world.
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace was perched on Chittar Hill, which is the highest point in Jodhpur. Umaid Bhawan Palace stimulating guests exotic views of the historic blue city, vast sand dunes and majestic Mehrangarh Fort. It was once described by ‘Rudyard Kipling ‘, “One of the grandest sights in India, the work of an angel, fairies and giants.”
4. Umaid Bhawan Palace was designed by British architecture Henry Lanchester who was a famous British architecture and a contemporary of Sir Edwin Lutyens, who designed ‘Rashtrapati Bhawan’
Suggested Read:- Priyanka- Nick Jonas Royal Wedding In Jodhpur
5. Umaid Bhawan Palace was built for a noble cause rather than luxury, the purpose was to create employment for the people of the Royal city. Later it was lavishly converted into one of the luxurious and richest wedding venues in India.
6. Umaid Bhawan Palace was built with dun-colored sandstone and palm court marble, it was also used in Taj Mahal. It was interior with Burmese teakwood. The palace was opened in 1943 with 347 rooms, eight dining halls, two theaters, a ballroom, and a stunning subterranean swimming pool.
Suggested Read :- These Top Five Picks For Destination Wedding In Jodhpur
7. The hotel wing of Palace is run by Taj Hotel group, which includes 64 types of guests rooms, palace rooms, Historical suites, Royal suites, Grand royal suites, Two presidential suites Maharaja Suite and Maharani Suite. Suites are decorated in black and pink color tones, having murals on black glass, also offers service of a private butler. The black marble and gold bathroom in a suite actually looked like a Hollywood film set and most interesting the bathtub
which was carved from a single block of pink marble.
8. There is a subterranean art deco ‘zodiac’ pool which is the stunning one in Umaid Bhawan Palace, It is lit by candlelight and murals of sea green fish, a glass bowl of floating blue and purple orchids, This is like an aqua dream for a wedding couple.
9. Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace has a museum which exhibits royal vintage cars, historic monuments, flags, a collection of vintage clocks and armories.
10. Umaid Bhawan Palace covers a total of 26 acres of land which contain lush green royal garden includes 6 splendid outdoor wedding venues and 4 indoor wedding venues blessed with the legacy of the Taj Hotel group.
View this post on Instagram
Pajama parties for the win! @priyankachopra’s bachelorette bash continues as the girls party in their pink pajamas. #pcsbachelorette #dreamz💞 #priyankachopra #nickjonas #bacheloretteparty #dreamz😘 #dream_wedding💓 #dreamzweddingplanner #bachelorette #pajamaparty #pjs #bridetobe #bridesquad #bridesmaids #celebrity #celebritywedding #bollywoodnews #bollywood #bollywoodwedding #celebs #trending #trendingnow
All fans are waiting to unfold the wedding hues of amazing dream wedding of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas. Dreamz wedding planner updates the details and highlights of the big royal wedding of would be a couple. Do read our blogs for more information about a destination wedding in Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur and other places.
Also Read : –